So I spiralised again yesterday. This time it was to create a side for my grilled lamb chops. I must say, I’m liking my spiraliser quite a bit. I thought cleaning it would be a pain, but mine is very easy to hand wash. I just need to be a little careful with the blades.
I’ll have to do a little more experimenting because I overcooked mine last night, and I overloaded the pan. From some of the courgette “French fry” recipes I’ve seen, you don’t want to cook them too much because they’ll break down, go soggy and start to sweat out their liquids. You can imagine the result if you do this with courgetti: soggy mush. I think it’s better to have them a little underdone than overcooked. Nevertheless, as a first effort, my wife and I were happy with the result.
- Two large courgettes spiralised
- Four cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- One cup of butter
- A generous pinch of sea salt
- Parmesan cheese 30g
- Using a large frying pan or wok, melt the butter on medium heat and add the garlic.
- Once the garlic starts to brown, add the courgetti and sea salt and whack up the burner to high heat.
- Cook for three minutes.
- Transfer to plates, sprinkle grated parmesan and serve.
I think less is more. I had a gigantic courgette from my garden that I had to use. I overloaded the pan which meant some of the courgetti got overcooked and broke down. The next time I do this, I’ll use a smaller amount, stick to the three minute cooking time and update this recipe with the results.