This is something I whip up from time to time with either roast chicken leftovers or a grilled chicken breast. Simply double, triple, etc. the amounts below depending on how many people you are feeding.
- One grilled chicken breast sliced
- Salad (kale, rocket, spinach, chard, etc.); enough to cover a dinner plate
- Two tablespoons of semi sun-dried tomatoes
- A handful of walnuts
- Two artichoke hearts
- A generous drizzle of organic olive oil
- A drizzle of red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A bit of shaved parmesan
- Create a salad bed. I take what I have from my garden or buy a ready to eat bag from the grocery. Go with what you like. Even iceberg lettuce is fine.
- Arrange the ingredients, other than the chicken, olive oil, vinegar and parmesan, over the salad.
- Place the grilled chicken on top.
- Drizzle the olive oil and vinegar.
- Sprinkle the shaved parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This is a great way to get rid of leftover chicken or any other meat. It’s a classic paleo meal. Play around with what you like. This is open to personal taste and creativity.