For some reason I had it in my head that only fresh scallops were succulent. Frozen scallops would always turn out rubbery. Oh how wrong I was. A few weeks ago, I decided to give some frozen Canadian scallops a try. They were amazing. I can’t think of a dish that is more paleo/keto: scallops, butter and a squeeze of lemon. Kaboom!
- A dozen scallops
- A tablespoon of butter
- A squeeze of lemon
- Melt a tablespoon of butter at medium-high heat.
- Just as the butter starts to brown put in the scallops; you should hear a good sizzle.
- Cook for about two minutes then turn them over. You really want a nice seared look when you flip them.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the scallops.
- Cook for another two minutes.
- Serve. Make sure you don’t waste the buttery juices. Pour over the scallops.
- Don’t overcook them. They will be rubbery and unpleasant.
- Don’t overload the pan with scallops. You want them to be at least a half inch apart in the pan. Otherwise, they will start to sweat, and you won’t get the searing. Do them in batches if you want more than twelve.