This is strictly paleo because of the carbs. Nevertheless, this is a good alternative to traditional pizza, and it’s easy to make. I cook this for my missus, since she has a fully functioning pancreas. I can handle one or maybe two slices. Usually, I just opt out and have a steak instead.
- Three aubergines (eggplant)
- Bolognaise sauce (no sugar added) – 400ml
- Cave aged goats cheddar or mozzarella – 300g
- One onion – diced
- One yellow pepper – diced
- One red pepper – diced
- Five cloves of garlic – finely diced
- Pepperoni – 200g
- Slice the aubergines lengthwise; they should be around a half of a centimetre thick.
- Place the sliced aubergines on a baking pan with some waxed paper so they don’t stick.
- Bake aubergines for about ten minutes at 200 centigrade to dry them out.
- Take out of the oven and put on the topings.
- Put back in the oven and cook for twenty minutes at 225 centigrade.
- Pizzas are ready when the cheese is bubbling and just starting to turn golden.
N.B., You’ll probably need two baking trays to do this in one go. Otherwise, you’ll have to do it in batches. This will easily serve two. If you use garlic, don’t breath on anyone.